Hi Everyone!!! Happy Mothers day!
So on Sunday is mothers day! And you know what that means? I get to call home because mothers and of course fathers are the best. I am
very grateful for my parents and how much they mean to me, especially teaching me about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we have the same church that Jesus Christ established when he was here on the earth! Anyways….this week was super fun! We got to met with Ethan again! Ethan is like my favorite Investigator! Ethan says he doesn’t have faith but he really does. For example, he walked over 10 miles to come to church. I mean walked and he doesn’t necessary believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints is the real church, but he still come. He knows that it is important to know and to gain knowledge. Ethan has really progressed from the 1st time we met with him until now. Ethan doesn’t have a strong testimony of the New Testament, he barley believes in the New Testament. In Alma 32:27 says But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
Ethan really has that particle of faith…I never realized what this scripture means until I met Ethan. Soon that particle of faith is going to turn into an atom and just grow bigger and bigger. I love how Ethan thinks he is right until we show him a scripture. Then we are like so Ethan was does that scripture mean? And he says it means your right and I’m wrong. hahahaha. But I know that Ethan will grow and know what to do aka get baptized! But for him it is going to take a while. I mean Ethan does come to church! :D
This week Silva didn’t come to church!!! Im so sad! She said that she needs to find another job that will allow her to go to church on Sundays. Im just afraid that she is losing hope that she can be baptized! But she knows that this is the true church on the earth today. She has that desire to be baptized but she needs to take that huge step of faith right now. To find another job because she doesn’t have papers and its very hard for people to find a job because they don’t have papers. When I was in McKinney, doing English work, we had an investigator who needed a new job but I was thinking. Hey! She has papers so it isn’t that hard for her to find a job! Or to get one because she does have papers!!!! But this past fast Sunday I fast for Silva that she can find another job.
This week we met with Fernando twice in one day! Then we had another lesson with him on Saturday. I’m to worried about Fernando because he has a baptismal date this Saturday but he doesn’t understand that this is the only true church. He thinks that it is good, or all church are good. He said to his new friend Victor that he is Catholic but he goes to the Mormon Church. Fernando doesn’t get it. I know it will click and I hope soon. And plus we saw him smoking, and we quickly went over the Word of Wisdom. Fernando said he is going to quit smoking and drinking. We are postponing his date because he smokes and still drinks.
Oh yah we met with Alex, Roserio, Jasime, Edber, and Matthew! Roserio is the only member of her family that isn’t baptized. She says that she will one day but in her time. So there isn’t much that we can do, I mean Alex (her husband) is trying to push her because he wants an eternal marriage. (Alex just got baptized about 3 months ago). So right now all we can do as missionaries is just wait and be her friend, because she does come to church and she knows the doctrine. No one really doesn’t know that she isn’t a member because she knows a lot!
So in honor of Mother’s Day the branch had a talent show night! So the Spanish Elders and us did a talent! We got to sing Book of Mormon Stories! And we didn’t the whole hand actions along with them! Then I got to be Samuel the Lamanites because I am the only brown person that is a missionary. Everyone else is white.hahaha. I have a recording of it but I am going to have to send it home and hopefully someone can figure how to put it on my blog, because I have no idea. I think it was the funniest thing and it was extremely funny!!!
Well I hope that everyone had a great week! And HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!
I need to give a shot out to Sister Ward because I conducted music in sacrament meeting! I just want to thank her and my other Young Women Leader for making me…well its no longer making me but preparing me for my mission! I love you all!
Quote of the Week:
Hermana Martin: Why does they call us greengas?
Hermana Beetso: Because we don’t have green cards?
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment